2008 Action/Science Fiction Rated PG-13 126 Minutes
|In Theaters||May 1, 2008|
|On 4K UHD||August 13, 2019|
|On Blu-ray||September 30, 2008|
|On DVD||September 30, 2008|
Robert Downey Jr. stars as Tony Stark/Iron Man in the story of a billionaire industrialist and genius inventor who is kidnapped and forced to build a devastating weapon. Instead, using his intelligence and ingenuity, Tony builds a high-tech suit of armor and escapes captivity. When he uncovers a nefarious plot with global implications, he dons his powerful armor and vows to protect the world as Iron Man.
Rated PG-13 for some intense sequences of sci-fi action and violence, and brief suggestive content.
Box office gross: $318.3 million. View box office history.
Released by Paramount and Marvel Studios. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'Jay and Silent Bob Reboot' beautifully resurrects the View Askewniverse
- Review: 'Endgame' is both a beautiful ending and an inspirational beginning
- Review: 'The Punisher' on 4K is a rare glimpse at early Marvel
- Review: Ten years of Marvel films pays off nicely with 'Infinity War'
- Review: Marvel shatters expectations with 'Black Panther'
- Review: 'Kick-Ass' finally gets its due on 4K