2006 Drama Rated PG-13 110 Minutes
|In Theaters||August 18, 2006|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||June 8, 2010|
|On DVD||January 9, 2007|
A supernatural mystery that combines romance, politics and magic, The Illusionist is the latest film from the producers of the Oscar winners Crash and Sideways.
The film stars Academy Award nominees Edward Norton and Paul Giamatti as two men pitted against each other in a battle of wits: Norton as mysterious stage magician Eisenheim, and Giamatti as Vienna's shrewd Chief Inspector Uhl, with Jessica Biel sharing the screen as the beautiful Sophie von Teschen. When word of Eisenheim's astounding illusions reaches the powerful and pragmatic Crown Prince Leopold (Rufus Sewell), the ruler attends one of the magician's shows in order to debunk Eisenheim during the performance. But when the Prince's intended, Sophie von Teschen, assists the magician onstage, Eisenheim and Sophie recognize each other from their childhoods
Rated PG-13 for some sexuality and violence.
Box office gross: $39.7 million. View box office history.
Released by 20th Century Studios and Yari Film Group. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- 'Steve Jobs' gets the Aaron Sorkin treatment
- Monday Morning Mixer: Will Smith crash lands at the box office
- Monday Morning Mixer: The fourth time's not the charm for 'Paranormal Activity'
- Someone dial 9-1-1, these stars are in need of some medical attention!
- The Top 25 most popular celebrities on our site in 2007
- Top 10 Kool Kitties